Sunday, October 5, 2008

Well Hello There

This is my first blog post ever! Yippee!

I titled this blog Enviro-Girl because it's going to be all about my lifestyle and how I am "going green"...and dragging my family along kicking and screaming! I'm sure I will include some other fun stuff too.

So, about me: I am a 30 year old stay at home mom. I have a 20 month old baby girl who is sooo cute. I work part-time at a nursery. I have a bachelor's degree in elementary education but am not using it because I'm not much of a disciplinarian, and you really have to be to control 25 kids by yourself. Too bad I didn't realize that before I spent 6 years in college. Oh well, lesson learned. My husband is a full-time college student, so we have practically no income, which leads me to another reason why I'm trying to be environmentally friendly - it's cheaper!

I live in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. Living downtown makes it so easy to go green (more on that later).

I really enjoy reading, singing, playing board games (Settlers of Catan, Cranium, Scrabble), watching Dancing With the Stars, and The Biggest Loser (shout out to my girl Kristen).
I am a super girly sorority girl. Don't get me started, or I'll sing my sorority songs all day. I love teeny bopper movies, and I'm a wanna-be cheerleader. Example - I'm 30 years old, and I was watching High School Musical earlier today. Love It!

Anyway, I have a growing passion for the environment and want to make this planet a better, and safer, place for my daughter.

I hope you enjoy my blog and please feel free to leave a comment. In fact, that would really make my day since I've never received one before!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Melanie,

I'm honored to be your first ever comment. I know how fun comments can be. Your blog looks great. Of course I was expecting to see a "green" template instead of pink, but then I thought, "Duh, it's Melanie's blog, pink is perfect!" hee, hee! And thanks for the shout out!

Kristen

Kristen said...

Oh and just for the record, I totally agree that your 20 month old is sooooo cute!

Brandon said...

I am glad you got rid of your banana on wheels. Im going to get Michael to help me fix my bike so I don't have to drive back and forth from school. Buying gas sucks.